Saturday 22 March 2014

This picture s a bit of a mess, but was painted last Sunday in fairly wild conditions with  the wind almost blowing the sketch book out of my hands. I had to stop painting when the rain got too heavy. Perhaps such a sketch incorporating the effects of the weather conditions in its making is a truer record of reality than a more measured execution from the comforts of a car or building.
Last Saturday I took the train to Bridge of Orchy and had a good jog back to Fort William along the West Highland Way.It's the first time I have done this route this year so I'm quite behind with my training.  At the start I felt tired and slow ,but before long the trail worked its magic on me . I began to enjoy myself despite fairly grim weather- persistent rain and low cloud.. I arrived in Fort William decidely damp but happy in plenty of time for the 5.37 train home. A soak n the bath and a good dram rounded off a very satisfying day.

No comments:

Post a Comment