Friday 14 March 2014



 Two sketches of a similar view from the Inverness Road.One done today , the other  on a misty day a month ago.
 I have had a busy week and consequently not much time for sketching . I was out to Kilchoan on Monday; for once the the weather was good and the scenery was achingly beautiful. None of the trees are in leaf yet but the buds are forming , the birch trees have an even deeper red tinge to their thin branches than normal . I longed to paint the rugged coastline but had no time . Similarly on Tuesday in Glen Garry the loch was an incredible deep blue and there was hardly a cloud in the sky but I had to rush on past. It's so annoying when work interferes with my sketching habit! Now the weekend is here the weather has returned to its normal form -rain and wind, still the couple of days of good weather were great whilst they lasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment