Monday 21 September 2015

I was shocked and sad to hear that Scott Dinsmore had died .He was a talented and  inspirational young man who founded the website Live Your Legend. His premise was that people should do what they are passionate about rather than what other people tell them they ought to do. Rather than trying to climb the corporate ladder and acheive status and financial sercurity he thought one should find and do the work you love. He was doing just that-travelling aound the world to meet like minded people that he had inspired through his website. Tragically he was killed by a rockfall close to the summit of Kilimanjaro.
His Tedx talk which you can find on you tube is really worth watching .
Scott Dinsmore and others like him have inspired me to attempt to pursue my dream of a career in art. This month I have reduced my hours at work so I can spend more time drawing and painting. For me this is a big step and I am nervous about the financial implications. However I know that it is the right thing for me to do at this time. Whether I can make a success of it and make some money from art remains to be seen. Watch this space!


No comments:

Post a Comment