Thursday 24 September 2015

Fiverr portraits

 I have set up some 'gigs' on the website fiverr. I will draw a person or animal and deliver a jpeg file of the result for for 5$. I can send out the actual picture for an additional 20$.
 I have always had a hankering to be able to draw good portraits.The ability to capture a likeness  seems magical to me . I really admire James Gurney's skill in this respect.He can sketch accurate and beautiful portraits in watercolour or gouache. Often he will write down a snippet of conversation in his sketchbook or get the subject of the picture to sign the sketch.
  I regularly do rapid sketches of people on trains and buses but would like to do more detailed and better portraits.
 I know that the only way to improve is to practice .The 4$ I will get from drawing a portrait on fiverr is not a good return for one or two hours work, but I'm hoping it will give me the opportunity to draw a variety of faces and animals so improve.It's about building a portfolio and honing my skills rather than making money. So if you would like to help me out and allow me to draw your portrait or a picture of your pet click on the link to my gig Lochaberart. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment