Sunday 12 April 2015

Commuting


On Friday I extended my morning commute to cut out some of the road. Jogging slowly it took me nearly two hours travelling almost entirely on tracks and paths.I'm so lucky to be able to do this. Not only does the route meander through fields and woods and over rushing streams and pass by a ruined castle and alongside Loch Linnhe, but there is the backdrop of magnificent mountains from the Grey Corries, Aonach Mor  Ben Nevis and some of the Mamores.Of course all winter this has been hidden in the darkness, but just now I only have to use my head torch for the first 20 minutes or so and even then the birds are singing and there is a predawn glow is in the East. Granted I have to get up at 4.40am to get to work on time  but it's worth it!
Rough impression of dawn breaking on my morning run.

No comments:

Post a Comment