Saturday 7 February 2015

More beautiful frosty days and moonlit nights . Yesterday as I jogged past Inverlochy castle on the way to  work there was the first glimmer of dawn from behind the Ben- a turquoise blue tinge to the dark sky- and I heard birds singing. This was almost a dawn chorus and must be the first sign of spring on its way ! This evening after a busy Saturday at work there was the most gorgeous sunset. The whole of Loch Linnhe was ablaze with a brilliant orange red reflected from the sky  which was also suffused with pinks and purples. I took some photos on my phone which I would like to paint  but the colours look garish and outlandish. If I didn't know otherwise  I would have said that a filter had been used to get some weird special effect.

 A lovely day like today draws walkers and climbers to the hills . Sadly all too often this leads to the familiar drone of the rescue helicopter over Fort William . There were at least two incidents in Lochaber this afternoon, I hope and pray that those injured are all OK. Thank goodness for the wonderful mountain rescue team .

No comments:

Post a Comment