Friday 4 July 2014

More sketches from this week

The Ben from Inverlochy -early morning
I was disappointed by the picture above when I did it. I had half an hour to spare after getting the bus to town - I still have a sore back and am meant to be tapering for a race so have not been running to work this week. I  have wanted to paint the view from the bridge between Inverlochy and An Aird for a while and this was the perfect morning for it . Clear blue sky , beautiful reflections in the millpond calm river , deep shadows and a hint of mist at the base of the Ben. However I couldn't get the washes to flow properly . I think possibly that it was so warm that the paint was drying too quickly - this very rarely happens in Lochaber so I wasn't prepared for it ! However I took a photo on my 'phone and have since worked on the picture with pens and watercolour pencils and am now quite pleased with it.
View north from the Localine Road
These two pictures are very quick sketches done on a trip to Lochaline yesterday When I say quick the bottom one was a matter of scrawling an impression with watercolour pencils then adding some water with a waterbrush  before the ferry left - 2 minutes tops!
From the Corran ferry before departure.

No comments:

Post a Comment