Friday 4 July 2014

A Good Week For Sketching

It's strange how one week I don't seem to get time to sketch and the next lots of opportunities arise . It shows the value of always having a sketchbook or at least a pen and paper on your person as you never know when you will have a spare 5 minutes. This week I actually have a backlog of sketches to upload. The dry weather persisted until Thursday and there were dark mutterings among the farmers about a drought but then it started to rain heavily and it has hardly stopped since. Yesterday we also had a small earthquake in Fort William ( according to the T.V. news ) but I'm ashamed to say I didn't notice.

View from town centre car park

Pap of Glencoe and Loch Leven

View from the cemetery- this and the next sketch could do with some extra work at home

North face of Ben Nevis on a dull day
 The first two sketches were in  my Moleskine watercolour sketchbook the last two on a hot pressed Arches block. I normally use rough Arches paper but I've run out so resorted to a smooth  hot pressed block . The paint flows in a different way which takes a little getting used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment