Wednesday 30 April 2014

Cairngorm Prints for sale


I've just added two giclee prints to my etsy shop Lochaberart. They are very different pictures of essentially the same mountains. The first is a coloured pencil picture of the CairnToul / Devil's Point ridge in winter with the sun low in the sky. The second a watercolour focuses on Devil's Point with all but the lower slopes of Cairn Toul to the right of the picture. It is an area I love dearly. Many times I have done the complete circuit of the 4000 foot mountains on both sides of the Lairig Ghru. The bleak stony plateaus lend themselves to long distance running although the ascent of the Braeriach after Ben Macdui and Cairngorm would turn my muscles to jelly. Sitting here at home still suffering from a chest infection I long for those wild, windy uplands where the weather can change from benign to ferocious in minutes but the vistas are huge and majestic.Should the time come ( which it surely must) when I'm permanently physically unable to return to the tops, I will at least have a feast of memories; of days battling the elements , of incredible views, of sleeping under rocks and seeing dawn break over the peaks.
 I feel so privileged to have had those experiences.

1 comment:

  1. The vibrant colors in those prints are so dramatically delicious. The close up of the mountain is so detail-oriented. I think that you have an almost perfect sense of perception when it comes to painting light. Good job, Ben! I'm such a big fan! I'm sure business over at your Etsy shop is blooming well. More power to you! :)

    Julius Horton @ Polkadot PR

    ReplyDelete