Thursday 17 April 2014

On Sunday I had planned to go for a really long run but the weather was appalling - driving rain strong winds and sleet. I ran through the Lairig Leagach . I stopped at the bothy there and did this sketch from the inside- the relentless rain precluded painting outside. At the start the hill was just a grey blob, by the the time  I left every rock was visible, this sketch shows it half way  in between. Many painters worry about drying time  i.e the paint drying too quickly preventing  further manipulation of the washes. Here in Scotland I have the opposite problem - it is often too damp and the paint takes forever to dry. I had to run up and down outside the bothy trying to keep warm whilst the picture slowly dried. I continued as far as the Meanach bothy and then returned the  way I had come.

No comments:

Post a Comment