Sunday 4 May 2014

On Thursday I was in Kinlochleven a disappointingly dull day with a biting  cold wind.  I did a quick sketch of the Pap of Glencoe from across the loch. Apart from Thursday we have had some lovely spring weather this week. On Friday I got the bus to work and did some sketching from the Cow Hill path it was a glorious morning pristine and clear I would rather have run to work but sitting in the the sun sketching came a close second. Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to finish the picture, but I may be able complete it at a later  date.
Yesterday I was near Achnacarry home of the Clan Cameron and training centre for the Commandos in the war.it was a lovely warm  day although dulling over  by the time I did this sketch.For the first time since late last summer I'm  painting scenes full of green as the trees have leaves again.The gorse is in bloom adding a splash of yellow to the landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment