Sunday 19 June 2016

Loch Ossian near Corrour Lodge
I had another good run last week; I took the the train to Corrour Station, and ran  around Loch Ossian.
 I enjoyed a coffee at the station restaurant., ran to Loch Treig and then homewards. It was a gorgeous, hot day. I passed a group of  teenagers doing their Gold Duke of Edinburgh expedition. They were all carrying heavy packs, wearing big boots and looked very hot.
 Further on I found a deep pool in the river and  went for a swim; it was incredibly refreshing. The D of E group trudged past as I swam and one  exclaimed "I'm so envious!" They were on such a tight scedule that they couldn't spare five minutes for a dip .
From the Meannanach bothy I took the path north but then  climbed the slopes of Stob Ban .
Stob Ban is an outlier of the main Grey Corrie ridge and  you have to descend an unpleasant bit of scree before climbing up to Stob Choire Claurigh on the main ridge.
 Needless to say the views are spectacular on a fine day.
Looking East along the ridge of the Grey Corries
The Grey Corries make up a fine ridge that twists and turns . You have to watch your step but there is no real scrambling. I descended via the initially runnable slopes of Beinn Bhan, Lower down the grassy hill is steep and  slippery- I ended  up on my backside a few times. From the bottom of the mountain it is only a few miles through the forest to our village.

No comments:

Post a Comment