Wednesday 3 February 2016

Plein Air Painting

 I had a day off today so I began painting this view of Loch Linnhe from a photo. However for once it was nice outside - it wasn't raining and there was a glimpse of blue skies and warm sunshine.  I went up to the Commando Memorial and painted the stunning view across to the Grey Corries.As always it was a challenge painting the light effects because they were constantly changing.The weak sun glinting on the snow was exquisite.
 After completing that I went a little way down the Gairlochy road and painted the view to the west showing Stob a Ghrianain the far end of Druim Fada . It looked gorgeous with its fine cap of snow. It is a hill I have never climbed -another one for the to do list.
Then I had time for a run in the forest before dark (and the almost inevitable onset of rain).

Back to work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment