Thursday 7 May 2015

One swallow doesn't make a Summer

On Tuesday I saw my first house martins at Acharacle  and today I saw a swallow.I was almost as excited as when I heard my first cuckoo  2 weeks ago.
 The leaves are starting to appear on some trees but the oaks are still bare. I sketched the trees above today; they are broken and battered but full of life, green with mosses and lichens, studded with bracket fungus  and with ferns growing in the crooks of the branches.

Today is election day.
.I'm not a fan of politics or politicians but for once there is more choice and the result is not a foregone conclusion.Perhaps if no party gets a clear majority they will have to co-operate with each other. Maybe they will even have to achieve a consensus. All will be revealed tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment