Thursday 19 June 2014

Summer weather

This week the weather has been wonderful. On Tuesday I went to Acharacle . Early morning mist started to clear as I drove off the ferry but still clung to the bases of the hills and in drifts on the sea loch. The blue of the water was a deep azure, it was breathtakingly beautiful.
Yesterday I had most of the day off and after completing some work e mails headed up into the Mamores. I find it incredible that I can leave work and the hill starts 10 metres from the office back door. From there I could run to Dalwhinnie which must be at least 40 miles away without crossing a single public road.
Ben Nevis from Banavie
. It was a hard grind up the first mountain ( Mullach Nan Coirean ) but once on the ridge it was great running with spectacular views of the Ben on one side and the Lairig Mor with the West  Highland Way far below on the other. I stopped on the ridge to do a pencil sketch which I coloured from memory back at home ( it looks a bit garish on the scan ) I climbed Stob Ban then descended into Glen Nevis. I intended to run back to town but then realised I would miss the train so got the bus instead.
Ben Nevis from the Mamores

No comments:

Post a Comment