Sunday 29 June 2014

Run to Inverness and a Lecture.

There has been more glorious weather all week . On Wednesday I did a medium length run from Drumnadrochit to Inverness along the Great Glen Way. Got talking to a fast walker striding out in sandals , nut brown and bearded. He said now he was retired his main hobby was walking , he was aiming to do the 18miles to Inverness that afternoon; I was impressed.
Yesterday I went to a very interesting and entertaining talk by Prof Ted Cowan on Montrose and the Battle of Inverlochy.. He explained the intricacies of the political system of the time very well and gave us a portrait of of Montrose - a rather complicated character. I did a few sketches and scrawled some notes in the margins. In some lectures I find sketching makes the talk more memorable and helps me keep awake, although in this case there was no fear of falling asleep as it was so interesting . I run past Inverlochy Castle and the site of the battle on the way to work.
Audience at the talk in the library

Prof Ted Cowan

No comments:

Post a Comment