Sunday 23 July 2017

Back Home

Back at home and I seem to have bought the good weather with me. Here is a sketch I did from woodland a mile or so from our house. There was enough of a breeze to keep the midges away. The view is looking towards Aonach Mor which looked magnificent in the late afternoon sunshine.
Here's a picture I've just finished. It is from a photo taken on one of my runs to work showing early morning cloud drifting across Meall an t-Suidhe. I took the photo from Inverlochy and I'm afraid I cheated by missing out a lamp post.

Yesterday I did the sketch below from the Commando Memorial. The grey Corries and Aonach Mor were obscured by cloud so I turned round and painted the view to the west.
view

Sketch of view from the Commando memorial watercolour plus some  coloured pencil

No comments:

Post a Comment