Sunday 22 January 2017

Changeable Weather

Sketch of Glen Nevis in the snowy weather ten days ago
We've had the normal mix of weather so far this year - It has  changed from snowy to warm and wet then dry and cold in two weeks .
Today was cold, dry and sunny . I sketched Ben Nevis  form the picnic site on the Lundavra Road ( see below). I had planned to do a long run on the West Highland Way but it was such beautiful weather that  I couldn't resist climbing a hill.
From  Lundavra I went up the steep grassy slopes of Meall a Chaorainn then on to Mullach nan Coirean.There was a wonderful golden afternoon light and a clear blue sky.It was stunning!
 I ventured along the ridge towards Stob Ban but then retraced my steps  and descended into Glen Nevis. On the North East side of the hill it was very cold with a bitter wind and icy under foot. After dark there it was clear and crisp and I saw a shooting star. I jogged as far as Nevis Range and  then got a lift home.
The Ben from Lundavra Road


I'm looking forward to the shorter nights and being able to run to work  in daylight. Below is a recent painting of sunrise in the hills
Looking forward to brighter mornings

No comments:

Post a Comment