Wednesday 8 July 2015

The Old Puggy Line

I had a day off today but I had to spend most of the morning catching up with paperwork in the office. Fortunately this meant that by the time I was running home in the afternoon  the rain had cleared away. I took my usual long route along the ' Old Puggy Line' This path follows the route of a disused narrow gauge railway line that was built to facilitate the construction of the dam at Loch Treig  and the 15 mile long tunnel that was bored through the mountains to the aluminium smelter.It was closed in 1971 and now forms a delightful woodland path slightly elevated from the floor of the valley and so affording some great views. I'm really lucky to have a 10 mile commuting run which apart from a short section at the start is completely off road in gorgeous countryside.
This afternoon I did a quick sketch out of our bedroom window of Aonach Mor . I'd inadvertently left my moleskine sketchbook at work so used a landscape sketcchbook sold in Waterstones  . The paper in this is really excellent and a  joy to use having just the right degree of tooth and not being prone to buckle.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment