Thursday 18 June 2015

June Pictures




I haven't posted any pictures for a while as I've been very busy at work, but here are some recent sketches.
 When it is not raining this is a great time of year to paint outdoors. The countryside is green and bursting with life but there is still snow on the higher tops.The days are also very long. Normally the midges are bad by now but the cold spring has delayed their multiplication.
I try to have something to draw or paint with me at all times, ideally moleskine watercolour sketchbook and paints + a couple of pens and pencils, but at the very least a small notebook and pen that fits in my trouser pocket. My notebook is a mismash of quick sketches , to do lists , clients details and quotes and poems that I like. My favourite type is the small moleskine notebook, they are expensive but have a lot of thin pages which will take pen , pencil and light washes of watercolour.For some reason the drawing sketchbooks have thicker paper that has a coating which frustratingly rejects watercolour paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment