Saturday 24 January 2015


View near Arisaig 22/1/15
We have been having some wintry weather over the last few weeks.As is normal in this part of the world no two days are the same. One day of high winds and driving cold rain will be followed by clear frosty weather or snow. Last week I had  my hardest run to work yet . A terrific headwind at times brought me to a standstill , the rain was unrelenting and ferocious. I was in serious danger of hypothermia but knew that there was a hot shower and coffee waiting for me at work. In contrast the next few days were dry underfoot but very cold. The slope up to the Nevis range access road was thick with ice on Friday and despite taking great care I slipped onto my bum and slivered half way down the slope ! Today it was back to rain and wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment