Tuesday 25 February 2014

This blogging business is a steep learning curve for a technophobe like me, but at least I have now worked out how to crop pictures! the above is a view from the road near Arisaig sketched on 1/2/14.Posting this I realize that it wasn't actually raining at that point- very unusual for this year.
This is view of the Blackwater in Essex painted whilst running from Goldhanger to Maldon last November. After lunch in the Chequers there is nothing better than a bracing walk or run along the sea wall. I love the sounds of the birds, the keen wind, the smell of the mud and salt and the sense of wildness of the place. It's a million miles away from the popular view of Essex as being wall to wall night clubs and beauty salons. My Dad instilled in me a love for the salt marshes during many winter walks and canoeing trips to Osea Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment